Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Mission All Their Own.


The Good Saints litter will soon be leaving for their new homes. I share my office with them and watch them by the hour as they tumble and play. They take turns as aggressor. They bow and invite an attack. They tease each other, play too rough, get pissed off and pin each other down. Two minutes later, they are piled on top of their cozy little bed, fast asleep, snoring, rolling onto their backs, chasing rabbits in their dreams.

Sure enough, as I peer over my laptop, I see my Cocker Cocker babies sleeping on their cozy beds. Right before my eyes they are turning into little dogs. Soon they will be in their "forever homes" and I know our time together is precious and coming to a close. Oh, how I am going to miss them. It is bittersweet to let these dear ones go and yet, I know their destiny is already unfolding. They have missions here on earth to fulfill. They will heal their humans' hearts. Each will add sunshine to a life that might otherwise be filled with too much gray. In their own way they will leave the world a little better than when they found it.

And I will sit back and enjoy hearing of their antics and adventures as they live out their lives with some special person who loves them even more than I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment